Monday 30 October 2023

Girls Night . . .

 I'm thrilled to share this set of ten cards that I have been working on this month.
Ten cards that use the same "ingredients", with each card still being one-of-a-kind.


~~~*~~~*~~~

The magic ingredient is the
Girl's Night digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store.

~~~*~~~*~~~

All the cards use the pre-coloured "Carnation Drink" digital stamp and
digital sentiments from the same set, "Happy hour" and "Bring on the bubbly".

I designed my cards in Silhoutte Studio, sizing the image panels and sentiments for each card.  Five cards have the "Carnation Drink" image in the original format, with the carnation flowers to the right-hand-side of the glass.  To change things up, I mirrored the image and designed another five cards with the carnation flowers on the left-hand-side ... the-same-but-different.  To accentuate this difference, the mirrored image cards have much wider matting layers and more colour too.

The "Happy hour" and "Bring on the bubbly" sentiments were such fun to work with, so I played around with the sizing to add to the differences between each card.  Some cards have the sentiment as the feature, on others they remained a more traditional size, with the focus on the delightful image.

I printed the image and sentiment panels on white textured cardstock, trimmed to size, matted with Mulberry cardstock then trimmed to either 1/16" or 1/8" borders using Perfect Layers Rulers.  The "original" image cards all have 1/16" matting layers, the "mirrored" image cards have 1/8" matting layers, more same-but-different.

When it came to matting the card fronts in readiness for the layered images and sentiments, I had to make a slight adjustment.  I made the 7" x 5" card bases from 300gsm smooth cardstock, scoring, folding and trimming to size.  As each card has the bold mulberry colour, I didn't want the white card base edges peeking through, so I changed the sizes of the background layers up to 7 1/16" x 5 1/16".  (That small increase keeps all the white card base edges well hidden.)   For the "original" format image cards with the 1/16" matting layers, the white card fronts are 6 15/16" x 4 15/16" and matted with mulberry cardstock trimmed to 1/16" with my go-to Perfect Layers Ruler.  For the "mirrored" image cards with the 1/8" matting layers, the white card fronts are 6 13/16" x 4 13/16" with 1/8" mulberry matting layers.  ... hmm, shaking my head so loudly, wondering WHY I didn't just trim a bit off the card bases instead, my mind sure takes me on the scenic route sometimes!

I layered the sentiment-image panels together, adhered the matted card fronts to the card bases, then adhered the sentiment-image panels in place.

Then I decided to add another slight difference to the "mirrored" image cards.  I printed some extra copies of the main carnation flower on the glass, fussy cut, went around the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker (so no white shows) and popped them in place with foam dots.  Once I had secured the last fussy cut flower in place, I decided they looked too "chunky", so I quickly ripped them all off.  For more subtle dimension, I fussy cut some circles from thin, very thin, foam sheet and glued the flowers back in place and they looked much better.

I finished off each card by adding some sparkle to the "champagne" in the glass with a Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.  Ooh, the sparkle is so luscious when you move the card, you can almost hear the bubbles bursting!

These cards use the Carnation Drink stamp in the original format,
all the same image and each card different.


These cards use the mirrored version of the Carnation Drink digital stamp,
all the same image and each card different.


These are the mirrored pairs.

   

   


You may have guessed, I love this digital stamp set.
These cards only use the "Carnation Drink" digital stamp from the set,
I still have another three images and three sentiments to create with.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
“Carnation Drink” pre-coloured image from the Girl's Night
digital stamp set by Beccy's Place, which, sadly, is no longer available from
the Beccy's Place Store store but projects shared on the blog can be found HERE
“Happy hour” and "Bring on the bubbly" sentiments
– from the Girl's Night digital stamp set by Beccy's Place
I love this set so much and hope that my cards inspire you to ask Beccy
if it could make a happy return to her store so that everyone
gets to enjoy all the images and sentiments as much as I have!
"Happy Birthday" - sentiment made using SNF Duluth font
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #130937 by Illustration Ink
300gsm cardstock - for card bases
White and Mulberry textured cardstock - for the matting layers
SHARP MicroTip scissors - for fussy cutting flowers
Perfect Layers Ruler - to cut matting layers
Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker -
to go around edges of fussy cut flowers so no white shows
Helmar 450 Quick Dry -
liquid adhesive - to secure all the layers in place
thin foam sheet - fussy cut then glued under the "mirrored" fussy cut flowers for subtle dimension
Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush -
to add luscious sparkle to the champagne in the glasses

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the  October Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.